http://imacourse.com/?author=26 Spend four days at a comfortable lodge in and around Tortuguero National Park, home to the Caribbean’s most important breeding ground for endangered green sea turtles. The park is a land of canals and waterways lined by steamy jungle and mangroves teeming with wildlife. A sleepy Caribbean town, Tortuguero has no roads – access is only by boat or small plane. If you’re looking for unspoiled rainforest and more animals than you can shake a camera at, this is the place.
- Arrive and depart from San José on your own any time in 2016 or 2017 (no blackout dates – based on tour schedule and availability).
- Guided hikes and boat tours in Tortuguero National Park. Optional night excursion to see the giant turtles during nesting season (June–August — this is arranged locally). Opt to kayak along the canals.
- Accommodations for two provided include 3 nights in Four Star lodges.
- Local guides and transportation provided throughout your stay. Meals provided include 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners.
- Tour typically departs San José daily upon request.