Tour dates are March 22 – 31, 2016
This unique 10-day adventure ensures you’re in Antigua, Guatemala’s most beautiful colonial city, for Semana Santa – one of the most vibrant and colorful celebrations in all of Central America. Line the parade route along cobblestoned streets decorated in flower petals and take in religious processions on Good Friday. Search for cultural treasures and meet local Mayan villagers at the famous Chichicastenango market.
The 10 day / 9 night Easter in Guatemala Semana Santa Festival for Two highlights include:
- Travel from Antigua, a UNESCO World Heritage Site to Lake Atitlán and catch a boat to the small town of Jaibalito to explore indigenous villages on the lake as they prepare for the Holy Week processions.
- Visit the vibrant Chichicastenango market.
- Participate building one of the elaborate colorful Easter carpets made of sawdust on the streets of Antigua and Enjoy the many parades and ceremonies in Antigua, not just watching, but becoming part of the celebrations. Options include volcano treks, salsa dancing lessons, or touring a coffee farm.
- Accommodations for two provided include 9 nights in Four Star hotels for the 2016 or 2017 Semana Santa Festival (based on availability).
- Arrival transfers from Guatemala City, local guides and transportation provided throughout your stay via private van, boat. Depart from Antigua at your leisure on your own.
- Meals provided include 9 breakfasts.
- Tour dates are March 22-31, 2016.