Hike and bike your way through the beautiful canyons, glaciers and mountain passes that make the Canadian Rockies so enticing. This trip is perfect for the traveler who’s looking to actively explore this pristine wilderness but prefers a comfortable landing at night. You’ll hike the lush forests of the Kananaskis and Peter Lougheed Provincial Parks, and experience the magnificent Icefield Parkway, Moraine Lake, and Yoho and Banff national parks. Best of all, the trip begins and ends in Calgary with its convenient international airport.
The 6-day /5-night Canadian Rockies Active Escape for Two highlights include:
- Day 1: Calgary – Arrive before 8 a.m. to meet the group and enjoy a quick tour of Calgary before heading out to Kananaskis Provincial Park with outstanding scenery of snow-capped mountains, abundant wildlife, and a distinctly cowboy feel. Head to Chester Lake Trail in Peter Lougheed Provincial Park for an introductory hike in the Canadian Rockies. Arrive in Banff around dinner time.
- Day 2: Banff/Jasper – Enjoy views from Icefields Parkway en route to Jasper. Stop to enjoy the scenery of forests, mountains, turquoise lakes, waterfalls, and glaciers. Hike on Parker Ridge and Bow Falls. Enjoy lunch in the Canadian Rockies.
- Day 3: Jasper – Enjoy a morning cycle, then on to Maligne Lake for a picnic lunch. Hike the Bald Hills Trail or opt for a canoe ride on the lake. Observe wildlife in Maligne Valley – keep an eye out for elk, moose, bears, and the elusive wolf.
- Day 4: Jasper/Lake Louise – Stop at Athabasca Glacier and Columbia Icefield en route to Lake Louise. Opt for an ice walk or snow coach tour. Hike to Lake Agnes Tea House or walk down the easy trail to the waterfront to rent a canoe or relax on Chateau Lake Louise’s terrace.
- Day 5: Lake Louise – Enjoy a day of hiking and adventure in the spectacular Yoho NP. Visit Takakkaw Falls and then go on to Emerald Lake.
- Day 6: Lake Louise/Calgary – Enjoy a short walk at Moraine Lake, then a hike in Johnston Canyon before lunch in Banff. Free time for biking, canoeing, or rafting. Transfer back to Calgary where the adventure ends at approx. 5 p.m.
- Meals provided include 5 breakfasts, 5 lunch and 2 dinners.
- Tour typically departs Calgary twice a month June through September.