Stunning scenery and wildlife abound in Western Canada. This 12-day trip offers a wide range of outdoor activities in Jasper, Banff and Wells Gray, a whale-watching tour off Victoria and a river safari through Grizzly Bear Valley. Do the region justice with a guest ranch stay, and stunning drives—the Sea to Sky Highway and the Icefields Parkway. Whether you’re enjoying an ice walk on a glacier or strolling down Victoria’s charming downtown core, you’re going to want to bring your camera.
source The 12 day / 11 night Canadian Rockies Trail for Two highlights include:
- Discover the Vancouver highlights of Stanley Park and Gastown before taking a scenic ferry to Victoria.
- Whale and wildlife tour by Zodiac in search of killer whales, sea lions and birds.
- Ferry back to the mainland and drive on the scenic Sea-to-Sky Highway to Whistler, home of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Explore the village with options to ride the gondola up the mountain or go ziplining.
- Journey through the coastal Caribou Mountains, enjoy stops at the emerald colored Joffre Lake and Marbel Canyon and at Spahats Creek to walk to the waterfall.
- Two nights at a cowboy guest ranch in the Caribou Mountains, enjoy a barbecue dinner under the stars.
- Explore Wells Gray Provincial Park and a visit to the world-famous Helmcken Falls. Opt to go canoeing or horseback riding.
- Head to Jasper National Park, stopping at Blue River for a river safari tour through Grizzly Bear Valley and the world’s only inland temperate rainforest. Wildlife can include grizzly bears, moose and eagles.
- Cross the Rockies and view the highest peak – Mount Robson. Option to hike at Maligne Canyon, take a boat cruise or go whitewater rafting.
- Considered one of the most scenic drives in the world, travel the Icefields Parkway to Peyto Lake with a stop at the Columbia Icefield. Embark on a glacier walk on the lower Athabasca Glacier to explore and understand the life of this active glacier. Continue to Lake Louise to view its emerald blue waters and Victoria Glacier. Options to go whitewater rafting, ride a gondola or go horseback riding.
- Accommodations for two provided include 9 nights in Four Star hotels/lodges, 2 nights on a guest ranch any time in 2016 or 2017 (no blackout dates – based on tour schedule and availability).
- Arrival transfer in Vancouver, local guides and transportation provided throughout your stay via air-conditioned private touring van, hiking, Zodiac, ferry, boat. Depart from Vancouver on your own.
- Meals provided include 11 breakfasts, 2 dinners.
- Tour typically departs Vancouver twice a month July through September.