For the active traveler who loves the outdoors, there is simply no bigger playground than Yellowstone National Park. Imagine biking in Jackson Hole Valley, kayaking Yellowstone Lake and hiking the upper Geyser Basin to Old Faithful. Hike at Jenny Lake, explore Teton National Park and experience wilderness in a whole new way on a Wildlife Float Trip. The days are full, but with nights in comfortable hotels and lodges in or near the parks, you’ll be rested – and inspired – for the next adventure.
The 6 day / 5 night Yellowstone Active Escape for Two highlights include:
- Visit the most famous and celebrated geyser in the world: Yellowstone’s Old Faithful. Hike among colorful hot springs and spouting geysers, including Morning Glory Pool and Biscuit Geyser Basin.
- Picnic lunch before heading to Norris Geyser Basin, Porcelain and Back Basin and ending at Mammoth Hot Springs. Keep an eye out for elk.
- Rise with the sun for a wildlife excursion in Lamar Valley, home to Grizzly bears, black bears, grey wolves, bald eagles, elk, antelope and bison.
- Spend the afternoon at Mammoth Hot Springs before heading to the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone for hikes including Brinks of Lower Falls, Brinks of Upper Falls, Artist Point and Uncle Tom’s Trail.
- Full day of kayaking on Yellowstone Lake, passing West Thumb geyser basin, with a picnic lunch.
- Transfer to Grand Teton National Park and Jenny Lake for a morning hike. Experience stunning views of the Tetons and Snake River from Signal Mountain. Free afternoon for optional horseback riding.
- Guided scenic wildlife viewing float trip on the beautiful Snake River where you’re bound to see beaver, moose, elk and bald eagles.
- Afternoon biking Grand Teton’s mountain meadows and aspen groves.
- Morning aerial tram to the top of Rendezvous Mountain. Hike around the summit then take the seven-mile trail back down to the bottom where our tour ends in Jackson at approximately 5 p.m.
- Accommodations for two provided include 5 nights in Four Star hotels and lodges any time in 2016 or 2017 (no blackout dates – based on tour schedule and availability).
- Local guides and transportation provided throughout your stay via air-conditioned private touring van, rafting, kayaking, hiking.
- Meals provided include 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 2 dinners.
- Tour typically departs Jackson Hole, Wyoming twice a month July and August.