Alaska so raw, vast and far-out it may as well be its very own planet. This adventure lets hardy travelers explore an exotic foreign world via kayaking, whitewater rafting, hiking and wildlife spotting. Trek the Kenai Peninsula, get an all-access look at the Alaskan Sealife Center and experience the rugged frontier spirit of Anchorage by day, then tuck yourself away in a cozy hotel by night.
The day / 5 night Alaska Active Escape for Two highlights include:
- Hike in Kenai National Park to stunning Exit Glacier and Harding Icefield. Black bears are spotted almost daily from the trail.
- Discover Resurrection Bay on an adventurous kayaking tour. Paddle along the shoreline and keep your eyes open for wildlife including sea otters, sea lions, bald eagles, jumping salmon and even whales.
- Visit to the Alaskan Sealife Center for a behind-the-scenes tour. Explore the Kenai Peninsula and hike up to Carter Lake to enjoy a picnic lunch in the Alaskan wilderness.
- Spend a day exploring the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge on a scenic rafting trip on the Kenai River. Enjoy a hearty picnic lunch before crossing Skilak Lake.
- Enjoy a scenic boat ride across Kachemak Bay followed by a full day of hiking in Kachemak Bay State Park. Enjoy lunch in full view of the nearly mile-wide glacier face.
- Hike with a naturalist in the Carl E Wynn Nature Center.
- Accommodations for two provided include 5 nights in Four Star hotels/lodges any time in 2016 or 2017 (no blackout dates – based on tour schedule and availability).
- Arrival transfers in Anchorage, local guides and transportation provided throughout your stay via air-conditioned private touring van, kayak, boat, hiking. Depart Anchorage at your leisure on your own.
- Meals provided include 5 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 2 dinners.
- Tour typically departs Anchorage twice a month June through September.